We all know that unforseen events are part of life and it is never easy to deal with them.
It is possible for you to withdraw from a mission with some adaptability, however, given the impact a withdrawal can have on a mission, please keep in mind that such requests must remain exceptional and must be asked at least 48 hours before the date of the photoshoot.
We will accept last minute withdrawals only in case of an emergency (such as those listed below)
- Family or personal commitments that cannot be postponed
- Last-minute incident with your equipment
- You cannot go to the shooting because of an unseen event (COVID, strikes, etc.)
Withdrawal from a mission will result in consequences for both you and the client :
- A client who has experienced too many mission withdrawals will eventually look into new solutions for their image production. It means fewer missions available and therefore fewer sources of income for the community.
- The client will have blocked some time or even the whole day to welcome you.
- In most cases, the client will also have spent some energy and money to prepare for the photoshoot (necessary preparation, more staff members, etc.)
Plus, we would like to remind you that too many withdrawals under 48 hours before the given date is likely to impact your general grade and in case of frequent withdrawals, it can lead to a blockage of your OCUS account.
If you wish to withdraw from a mission in the usual delays (more than 48 hours before a mission), go to your personal dashboard, select the mission you want to withdraw from, and then in the "Comment" section, click on the form related to this request "I wish to withdraw from the assignment".