IMPORTANT: travel fees are not automatic!
It can be offered, exceptionally, to the image creator to do assignments in remote areas.
How does it work?
- An assignment has not been assigned and no photographer is able to carry it: if you are not far away from this assignment, and you have the required equipment and skills, the OCUS team can eventually contact you to offer you this assignment.
- A financial compensation will be offered to participate in your travel expenses.
- To keep in mind: Travel fees are offered & validated by the OCUS team before assigning you to the assignment. They are added on an exceptional basis for specific reasons about an assignment.
- When you accept an assignment, you tacitly agree to pay for travel expenses. No travel expenses will be allowed for a self-assignment, so please verify in advance that you are able to travel to the location.
- This financial compensation will be added to your invoice once the assignment is completed and validated
How are travel fees calculated?
The compensation may vary according several criteria:
- Your country,
- The distance traveled to reach the assignment location,
- The level of urgency of the assignment to be covered,
- And other factors specific to each country where OCUS assignments are available.
We hope this answers your questions.