Once a month is over, OCUS does a recap of your validated assignments through an invoice that you need to approve in order to be paid. Here is the full process :)
1- Dates to know
Before starting any invoicing actions, we invite you to check that you provided your payment information in your dashboard, in the section “Billing and payments”. Incorrect payment information or absence of it = no payment in the regular delays!
- Call for invoice: between the 1st and 5th of each month the call for invoice is open! You will receive an email about it to let you know.
Go on your “Invoicing” section on your dashboard and you need to validate your invoice. Or if you do not agree with the displayed amount: make a claim directly at the bottom of the page. Note if you made a claim please refer to section 5
- To get your payment as fast as possible we invite you to validate your invoice early. Then, we trigger payments 3 times a month: on the 6th, 16th & 26th.
If you validate your invoice between the 1st and the 5th (with no claim OR claim already done), your payment will be triggered on the 6th
If you validate your invoice between the 6th & the 15th (with no claim OR claim already done), your payment will be triggered on the 16th,
If you validate your invoice between the 16th & the 25th (with no claim OR claim already done), your payment will be triggered on the 26th
/!\ Depending on your bank or country, you can receive your payment 2 to 7 working days after the payment is sent. Please check with your bank for more information. /!\
How can I be sure that my invoice is validated? Your invoice is validated and ready to be paid if the status indicated is “TO PAY”. Any other status needs either assistance from the OCUS Team or from you.
Note that if you validate your invoice after the 25th, you will be paid on the 6th of the next month.
Note that if the 6th, the 16th or the 26th are a weekend day or a bank holiday, the payment is sent on the next business day.
2- Types of invoices
You can either choose to:
- have your invoice generated automatically by OCUS or,
- submit your own invoice
To modify this option, you can go into the settings of your profile, in the section “Billing and payment” (this section also allows you to change your payment method and information). Then at the very bottom of the page, you can change the method.
3- Information to know for my own invoice
If you want to submit your invoice, you need to follow the French law regarding invoicing.
Meaning that some information must be displayed on it for our Accounting Team to approve it. Here is the list:
- Invoice number and date of it
- Your personal information: name, address, tax number or VAT number if relevant for the accounting in your country
- OCUS information: our address (86-90 Rue Notre Dame de Nazareth, 75003 Paris), our SIRET number (81837174200045) and our VAT number (FR 36 818371742).
- Assignments detail: the reference number, the name, the validation date, unit price, the different fees (mileage or cancellation/rescheduling), total of the month without VAT (or with VAT if applicable).
4- How to submit my invoice?
To fully help you with submitting your own invoice or our own, you can follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Invoicing’ and click on the latest invoice (STATUS : READY)
- Verify the information (make sure that the information on the quote is correct: missions, amounts, compensation, tax…)
- If you wish to submit you own PDF invoice, change the invoice method by clicking on “Change method” at the bottom of the invoice and select the second option: "I want to manually upload"
- Then, when you validate, you can upload your PDF through the popup window
Here is a video that would help you submiting your invoice :
5- I think there might be an error with my invoice
If something seems wrong on your invoice, you can create a claim. Our team will review it, validate or invalidate it in four days maximum, please check frequently the invoice status.
- If you disagree with your invoice, you have to make a claim at the bottom of the invoice page, the financial team will deal with it in the best delays. Contacting us through the help center will not speed the process.
- When writing your claim be as precise as possible (Assignments ID/names). Do not put screenshots. If there is no precision, the team can invalidate it and you have to start again.
- In four days maximum an answer will be provided:
- Validation of the claim: your invoice has been validated and directly goes in “TO PAY” status. You have nothing to do! :)
- Invalidation of the claim: your invoice is not validated, the team has provided a clear answer for it. Whether you validate your invoice or if you still disagree you can make another claim and provide additional details.
Here are the most frequent questions/claims:
- An assignment is missing on my invoice: your invoice only includes missions that have been validated and sent to the client by our teams between the 1st and the last day of last month. The date of the appointment is not the date of the validation.
- A fee is missing on the invoice: cancellation and rescheduling compensations are credited on your invoice if they have been applied during the month. If one is still missing, you will be able to ask for it during the claim process of the call for invoice, please do not forget to indicate the ID or the name of the assignment.
- Can I include VAT on my invoice? Only some French image creators are able to include VAT. Image creators from other countries cannot include it on the invoice.
- Do you include taxes on the invoice? We do not take any tax on the amount that is displayed on the invoice. The amount indicated on the invoice is the amount of the payment
6- Other tips and knowledge about the invoicing process
Currency: you will receive a payment in the local currency of the payment information you have provided in your OCUS account.
Reshoot: if you had to do a reshoot for an assignment, it is the last validation date that will be taken into account. For example: you had a session on the 15th that got validated by OCUS. The client refused the media so a reshoot is necessary later, so it will be the new approval date that will be kept (even if it is the month after).
Any other issue or question? Feel free to contact us through the widget (Button “Contact us” in the down right corner of this page)