Every month, OCUS recaps your validated assignments in an invoice. Once you approve it, you will receive your payment. This article summarizes all the steps and options available during this process.
Click on each title to read the dedicated section:
- Invoice validation
- Types of invoices
- Creating your own invoice
- Submitting your invoice
- Error in your invoice
Before starting an action regarding invoicing, check that you did provide your payment information on the platform in the “Billing and payments” section.
In case incorrect or no payment information is provided, OCUS cannot guarantee payment within the regular payment term!
1. Invoice validation
Call for invoice: between the 1st and 5th of each month, OCUS opens the call for invoice. You will receive an email notification as a reminder.
- Go to the “Invoicing” section of the platform to validate your invoice.
- If you do not agree with the amount presented, make a claim directly at the bottom of the page. Please refer to section 5 of this article for detailed instructions.
Please validate your invoice as early as possible to speed up payment. This allows us to trigger the payment process automatically through our payment platform, Payoneer. You will receive your payment in the local currency indicated in your payment information on your OCUS account.
Your invoice is validated and payment is ready if its status is displayed as “TO PAY”. Any other status requires either assistance from the OCUS team or from you.
Note: in case of invoice validation on weekends or a public holiday, the payment is sent on the next business day.
2. Types of invoices
You can either choose to
- have your invoice generated automatically by OCUS or,
- submit your own invoice.
Modify this option in the “Billing and payment” section of your profile settings, at the very bottom of the page. This section also allows you to change your payment method and information.
3. Creating your own invoice
In case you submit your own invoice, display the following information in accordance with the French law regarding invoicing, otherwise, our accounting team will not be able to approve it:
- Invoice number and date
- Personal information: name, address, tax number or VAT number if relevant for the accounting in your country
Note: if you are a professional subjected to VAT in your country, VAT is not applicable in your case as a non-French resident according to article 259-1 of the French General Tax Code (Code général des impôts). If you upload your own invoice, mention the previous article or article 44 of Directive 2006/112/EC mentioning the VAT exemption.
- OCUS information: our address (86-90 Rue Notre Dame de Nazareth, 75003 Paris), SIRET number (818 371 742 00011) and VAT number (FR 36 818371742)
- Assignments details: reference number, name, validation date, unit price, applicable fees (mileage or cancellation/rescheduling), monthly total without VAT
4. Submitting your invoice
This video explains how to submit your invoice on your own.
5. Error in your invoice
If something seems wrong with your invoice, you can make a claim. Our team will review it, then validate or reject it within four days. Please check the invoice status regularly.
Unfortunately, we are not able to speed up this process even if you try to contact us through the Help Center.
Follow these steps to make a claim :
- Click on the “Something wrong?” button at the bottom of the invoice page
- Describe your situation as precisely as possible. Include assignments ID and names, but no screenshots, otherwise our team may not be able to validate your claim.
- You will receive an answer within four days.
- If the claim is validated, your invoice status will be updated as “TO PAY”. No further action is required.
- If the claim is rejected, the OCUS team provides a detailed answer. You can either validate your invoice or make another claim (provide additional details).
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are our most frequent questions and claims related to invoices:
- An assignment is missing: your invoice only includes assignments that have been validated and sent to the client by our teams between the first and the last day of the month. For some assignments, the appointment date may not match the validation date.
- A fee is missing: Cancellation and rescheduling compensations are credited on your invoice if they have occurred during the month. If you notice that a fee is missing, you may use the claim process of the call for invoice (refer to the information above). Please do not forget to include the ID or the name of the assignment.
- Can I include VAT? Only some photographers from France can include VAT on their invoice. Photographers from other countries cannot.
- Do you include taxes? We do not collect any tax on the amount that is indicated on the invoice. The amount on the invoice matches the amount of the payment.
- How are reshoots taken into account? In case a reshoot was requested for an assignment, the last assignment validation date is taken into account instead of the first one, even if the two dates occur on different months.
For any other issue or questions, feel free to contact the OCUS team for assistance.