The Covid situation is impacting your work, an assignment comes out on the map but for some reasons you may not be able to schedule a date due to Covid. What should you do?
The process remains the same, when you take an assignment, you have 48h to schedule an appointment.
1- The on-site contact agrees to host the photoshoot in accordance with the current health and safety regulations rules, you can carry out the assignment. Stay safe, protect others
- Wear a face mask covering both mouth and nose.
- Keep a distance of 2m from those around you.
- Wash and sanitise your hands before and at regular intervals during your time onsite.
2- If the owner of the establishment can't do the photoshoot for the moment due to the Covid situation you can :
- Enter a reminder date, Enter #COVID19 in the comment area
3 - If you have COVID-19 symptoms or you have been in recent contact with someone who has Covid-19: you must not accept or attend a photoshoot. Postpone your assignments!
For assignments scheduled in less than 48 hours: you can contact the client and let them know, as well as update the assignment on the platform.
Please note that if you take an assignment you are willing to do it! If you don't want to work during the Covid don't take assignments, this will not impact our collaboration.
If the client cancels my assignment within 24 hours of the scheduled date, can I request a compensation fee?
Given the exceptional circumstances, we invite you to systematically confirm the photoshoot with the owner, between 24 and 48 hours before. If they are no longer available, you can then postpone the assignment. No compensation fee will be offered for cancellation within less than 24h notice.
- Take the assignment only if you are sure you can do it
- The owner seems unwilling? Don't panic, offer to organise the photoshoot at the time that suits them best (during or after the lockdown) and set a reminder following the process described above.