Our platform relies on the trust between OCUS, our community of image creators, and our partners who utilize our services. In order to earn and maintain this trust, we continually monitor for and act on cases of fraud on the seldom occasions they are found.
Monitoring & Detection
OCUS utilizes software to detect potential incidents of fraud. Once detected, a specialized team follows up to investigate each incident and either clarify a potential discrepancy or, in the rare case fraudulent activity is confirmed, pursue punitive actions against the perpetrators.
OCUS pledges to always begin with an assumption of innocence until proven otherwise. Each case will be investigated fairly and without prejudice and rulings will only occur with the presence of sufficient and clear evidence. While initial detection is automated, each and every incident is treated manually by a member of OCUS’ staff. No user will be removed automatically.
If fraudulent actions are confirmed, OCUS will remove those involved from the platform. This decision may be appealed. In addition, and dependent on the severity of the incident, OCUS will undertake criminal legal action to the furthest extent permitted by local law.
OCUS pledges complete and continuous transparency to all parties involved throughout the entirety of the process.
Fraudulent Activities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Submitting content other than your own
- Reusing content completed for a previous assignment. This includes self-created content as well as content generated for other platforms
- Manipulating GPS and Metadata
- Providing incorrect or inaccurate information about themselves when opening their account
- Claiming fraudulent fees or charges, such as On-Site Contact cancellation fees and travel fees
- Representing anyone other than oneself on the OCUS Platform