In order to choose a mission, go to you OCUS dashboard, where you will find the missions map. You are free to choose any mission on the map, provided that:
- You are capable of communicating in the customer’s local language
- You agree to contact the customer within 48 hours and to completing the mission as quickly as possible
- You must demonstrate prior experience in this area of expertise, and this must be made visible to our various departments (example: in your portfolio)
Please note that the number of on-going missions is limited to 40 for each image creators. As soon as a mission is validated by OCUS, it does not count as an "on-going" one anymore. Then it allows you to take a new mission from the map.
There are different reasons for it, the main ones are the two following here :
- Delays : too many missions assigned to the same person will cause a delay in booking the appointments, completing the photo sessions and also for the client that will receive the pictures late. These delays are important to our clients.
- Fairness : one of our goals is fairness into our community. It means to provide as much as we can the same chances and opportunities to any image creators when it comes to work. This would not be possible if the missions were only going to the same few image creators only.
Once the mission has been accepted, it is essential that you study the brief carefully (link to “Where can I find the charter?”) and ensure that you have the required equipment.
We would also like to remind you that your travel will not be covered in the payment for the mission. In fact, our business model does not provide compensation in the form of a mileage allowance.
You can find more information regarding ancillary costs by following this link (link to “Are my ancillary costs covered by OCUS?”).
The missions map: